Saturday, June 13, 2009

July 7th TEA Party!

WHERE: University Park, on US 40 (Washington St.) next to the University of MD campus and directly across from the Hagerstown Post Office.

WHEN: July 7, 2009 3 - 6 PM

Join with millions of like-minded Americans across the nation to protest the $3.27 TRILLION budget, the $700 BILLION TARP Bank Bailout, the Nationalization of GM and Chrysler, and the skyrocketing National Debt. We are bankrupting our country & Future generations. We are “Taxed Enough Already” and must call for Fiscal Accountability.

BRING A FRIEND, BRING A SIGN*, BRING AN ENVELOPE TO SEND TO OUR US REPRESENTATIVES, BRING TEA BAGS, OR JUST COME OUT AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IN OUR GOVERNMENT.
*No vulgarity on signs – This is a peaceful event.

“We must not let our RULERS load us with perpetual debt.”
Thomas Jefferson In a letter to Samuel Kercheval, July 12, 1816

5 comments:

  1. Can't walk to the Pizza Hut to help, but I can come by the protest - I live close enough for that. Can I bring a folding chair? I can't stand for long. (Boy are my liberal friends gonna be surprised - I've done a complete 180 in my thinking!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please bring a chair and a good sign. We appreciate your participation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it in my Yahoo calendar, with a couple of reminders to boot! (Gotta have time to make that sign!) Not having participated in any other TEA parties, my beef is with my taxes (or anything else for that matter), going to illegal aliens, is that an appropriate theme for my sign, or did you all have another goal in mind? Might as well know before I make my sign! :) Don't like my taxes going to all these fancy-pants CEO's and such, either, so I can just as easily go in that direction, too. Let me know and I'll get all creative and see what comes of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both messages are great. The debt is skyrocketing, taxes are high, and government intervention over the market is hurting our economy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I can't be there tonight - I didn't realize that your gathering was on the same night as a Bible Conference that I signed up for some time ago, at Emmanuel Baptist Church. I still want to stay in touch - I doubt this will be the last action y'all take! :) But I can't come tonight, sorry. I would have let you know yesterday, but as y'all might already know, the whole county's cable internet went down! It didn't fully come back for us until this morning and some folks say it still isn't up for them entirely yet. Please keep in touch and let me know if there's going to be other action, I'm actually *very* disappointed that I won't be there, which kind of surprises me! My political leanings are changing it seems, but I fell HARD for Obama's pretty speeches and flowery promises and now he's caking out on everything right and left. I'm one MAD Democrat!! If this grassroots movement actually comes up with a third party candidate - it's being seriously speculated, by politically astute folks, even folks that are/were sold out to Obama but good, that so many dissatisfied people, right across the political spectrum, might not march in lockstep with whomever the Repubs and Dems decide *they* want in power. Personally? I think it's about flippin' time we had a choice that didn't consist of "none of the above"! I might just be changing more then the Dems would like to see... Ain't THAT a hoot? *shaking head and laughing*

    ReplyDelete